We're WASHINGTONIANS!!!

Washingtonians... Ha ha. 
Well, we made it!  However... for a moment there, I didn't think we would!  It was a pretty rough trek up, and when I think back on that drive, only a week ago (seems like ages!), I honestly don't know how we did it.  Last Saturday, we spent the ENTIRE day loading the moving truck--with the MUCH needed help of some awesome friends.  Steve Malloy--you're pretty much our hero for treating that truck like a Tetrus game on steroids and being able to shove in ALL of our crap!  Still can't believe it! ha ha And Juan and Jordan... seriously, we couldn't have done it without you guys!   The horrible part was, we thought packing the truck was going to be our hardest venture.... NOPE!  Ha, that was the easy part.  Idiotically, we left some random things out to pack in the three cars that also had to make the journey... I mean, 3 cars... that's totally enough room, right?!  WRONG. And long story short-er, it didn't fit.  That was when we all had breakdowns (me, especially!)  We were beyond exhausted, stuck at a dead end with what to do, and were supposed to be leaving for a 15 hr. drive in 6 hours.  We decided we were too tired and sleep was the most important thing at that point.  We all woke up the next morning at 6 am (already 2 hours behind our originally planned schedule) and re-packed all the remaining cars... and literally by a MIRACLE, we made it fit this time.  We were able to get out of town at about 10 am.... which made us arrive in Port Angeles around midnight.  SSOooooo...  it was the definition of grueling, but we're here and finally almost settled into the new digs.  Speaking of the new digs... the new house is awesome--I LOVE IT!

HERE IT IS!  This was the process of us moving boxes out of the truck into the garage!


 The new Rentz Residence in good ol' Sequim, WA! 
**Notice the beautiful lack of sun?!** ... haha, yep. 
Let's hope I still love it after our first solid month of it!

Anyway, it's a nice place and most importantly, I think we're going to be really happy here.  It's different... definitely a change, and even after just one week of actually "living" here, I'm already noticing it---The slower paced, small town vibe; already recognizing AND seeing new people in 2 or 3 different places-sometimes in the same day; having only two places to choose from if you want to *try* to go out after 6:00pm.... ya know... all that ha.  But it actually suits me.  A small town, without a doubt, calls for more personal interaction...which is good...especially in these times.  The new house, although in many ways a TON nicer than our old house, is a bit smaller and definitely lacking in some of the space that we're used to.  Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all though.  A lot of people would not be surprised by that fact that, mainly, I'm just having a blast trying to decorate the new place--SO exciting!  Having a new room layed out in front of me as if it were a blank canvas, is pretty much crack to me. HA  It's not all complete--we're still pretty far from that--but here are some pics of what we got SO far!

The Living Room =)


The Kitchen!


Our small Dining Room! 


First meal haha

OK... so I think I've rambled enough for this entry!  Here's one last picture of the beautiful Northwest.  As much as I'm missing Sparks friends, I really am so happy to be here...
I took this picture a couple mornings ago while in route to PA... One thing about all the rain, you can't beat it when the sun does shine!  Who can wake up to this, and not feel blessed.  I do! <3

~A 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
22 years old, just moved out of my home town for the first time EVER! Now that I've left school behind me (for now) I'm focusing all my efforts into making it in the music world! That's all for now =)

Followers

Powered by Blogger.