I Was Broken...

Today has been one of a few AMAZING days up here so far.

         This change of life has sparked many thoughts and emotions in me.  You know, the only thing constant is change... Yet, I've always thought that many people get stuck in their own little rut in the machine of life.  Some people are completely satisfied and happy in their rut I guess, and wouldn't consider to be "stuck" at all.  But perhaps that's why change is such a hurdle for some... and a terrifying thought.

         As much as I loved the people I knew in Reno, I felt stuck.  For four years I was in my rut and I was lost in it--feeling like I had no direction.  For all those years I just wanted and wished for an opportunity to arise to allow me to escape, because it felt as if anytime I tried on my own, it never worked out.  The thing I have somewhat come to realize though... is although constant, change is scary no matter what... especially when it's something big... and even if you've been wishing for it.  But it's good.  It allows you to re-examine things, and perhaps allow you to re-invent yourself in some ways.  Of course it's always important to be who you are, but I'm thankful for this opportunity to change with the change.  Most importantly, the one thing I've come to want to re-invent after my own examining, is the fact that you have to decide, in a lot of ways, to be happy in whatever rut you're in.  Because the truth of the matter is, we're all in ruts... some people's get to deviate many times in their life, and maybe change in scale from time to time, but ultimately it's all the same in life.  To quote something from my never-failing vault of wisdom--Dawson's Creek-- "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."  Word, Dawson.  SO true. haha, but really.  So without further rambling, I've decided that, as this new life up here has been given way for me, I'm going to make up my mind to have amazing days. It's as simple as that--because if I can do that, it seems other things will fall into place. =)  And today was pretty amazing.

      For a last get-away, as the first day of school is tomorrow here, we ventured on a hike up near Lake Crescent, up to Marymere Falls.

So Beautiful!
Lake Crescent has to be one of the most beautiful lakes out there!

When we took Mark home to Port Angeles, I had to pull over because I couldn't believe how clear and beautiful it was overlooking the water.  LOOK! Those mountains WAY over there are Canada! haha

    So we had a pretty awesome day, and then I was able to come home and relax a little on the piano.  For the first time up here, I had a hit of creativity and wrote a complete song.... and I really like it--(which is rare! ha)   Tomorrow I'm going in to work in the studio for the first time.  I'm pretty stoked!   I'm gonna be working with a Canadian artist that just finished an album in my uncle's studio... says he has some ideas for me! ha  Excited to see how it goes!  I'm thinking this whole new change of attitude is gonna work out nicely =)

OH!!!! One more thing!!! Speaking of music.... don't you just LOVE when you hear a new song and it completely stays with you.  I heard a song this last week that has been haunting me ever since.  It's produced masterfully--it's beautiful, it's heartbreaking, and it's hopeful.  I want to end this blog by sharing it, as I've completely fallen in love.  Enjoy =)


        ~A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
22 years old, just moved out of my home town for the first time EVER! Now that I've left school behind me (for now) I'm focusing all my efforts into making it in the music world! That's all for now =)

Followers

Powered by Blogger.